If you’re looking for a fun day out that also counts as wedding research, you should definitely add an expo to your calendar. But before you head to your next event, here are our top tips on how to make the most of your experience and keep any information overload in check!
1. Do have a rough idea of your wedding date and guest numbers. These are often the first questions suppliers ask to make sure they’re available and able to cater for your wedding. It also helps them tailor their package and pricing information.
2. Don’t forget to create a dedicated wedding email address. This makes it so much easier to keep track of supplier details, prize winner announcements and special offers after the event.
3. Do take the time to chat with suppliers. Ultimately you want to choose suppliers who are not only great at what they do, but also great to work with! Striking up a conversation is the best way to find people you click with and get a better idea of what they offer.
4. Don’t try to plan your entire wedding in one day. Come up with a few things you’d like to get out of the event and focus on these first. It’s a good idea to start with what matters to you most (our Fiancée Q&A can totally help with this). If you end up organising other stuff while you’re at it, bonus!
5. Do keep track of your favourites. Take photos of displays that catch your eye, separate out the business cards of suppliers who are a good fit and jot down notes as you go. It can be tricky to remember the finer details after the event, so these will help jog your memory.
6. Don’t feel pressure to commit to anything straight away. It’s okay if you need some time to weigh up the different options and come back to suppliers with any questions you might not think of on the day.
7. Do go through the information as soon as possible after the event. The earlier you debrief with your partner, the better! Chat about which suppliers stood out most, check out their work online and decide who you’d like to follow up with. Then you’re well on your way to ticking things off that wedding planning checklist!