If having the exact same invitation as hundreds of other couples feels a bit impersonal, please let us introduce you to The Hello Bureau! Designing handmade wedding stationery for couples Australia wide, Cass is a talented artist based in Melbourne who will put your love story to paper with a completely bespoke creation. Be sure to check out her online shop for inspiration, where you’ll find an eclectic mix of whimsical, contemporary and indie designs for every part of your celebration.
What would you love every couple to know about wedding stationery?
That there are virtually endless possibilities for wedding stationery, so it’s fine to think outside the box!
What should they keep in mind when planning this part of their wedding?
1. Timing. Remember to leave enough time for the design process, printing, mailing and RSVPs. If you’re having a destination wedding, it’s also a good idea to send out a Save The Date so your guests can work out their plans.
2. Postage costs. Keep in mind that the bigger and heavier the invitation suite, the more it will cost to send.
What do you enjoy most about wedding stationery design?
I love meeting couples and finding out their story! It’s exciting to hear about their journey and then portray it visually in their stationery. It’s such a great feeling when they see the final design and feel connected to it!
What’s one popular question you get?
“Should I include a wishing well?” I’ve written a post on this.
What’s your best advice for couples planning their wedding right now?
1. Try not to rush decisions or leave things to the last minute. The invitation is the first thing your guests will see and it should provide them with a representation of who you are as a couple.
2. Think of your overall stationery requirements for the wedding besides the invitations. Will you need menus, table numbers, place cards, signage, seating charts, ceremony programs or thank you cards? Find out from your venue or stylist if these items are included or if you have to get them designed and printed.
3. Have fun with it! It can be easy to become stressed or too fixated on the details, but as long as you have a great team of wedding suppliers behind you, it will all be fine!
Photography: Lovers Narrative
This story is sponsored, but we only partner with wedding suppliers who do great work with great style! Find out how you can be featured.