Brisbane based professional makeup artist Josleen Hawas works to create the perfect look for every beautiful bride to be.
Five Minutes With…
What two things should brides keep in mind when planning their wedding makeup?
1. Allow yourself enough time to get ready before your photographer arrives. It takes one hour for makeup and one hour for hairstyling per person, plus time getting dressed. It’s important to have your stylists there early to allow a stress free day that has you looking relaxed and beautiful in all your photos.
2. Do a hair and makeup trial. This gives you a two to three hour window to share your ideas with your makeup artist and hairstylist and try out different options. It’s a great opportunity to make sure you get what you want on the day, and you’ll have the peace of mind that your stylists know exactly what they’re doing.
What’s something brides are often surprised to learn?
That I can create a beautiful natural look that suits who they are. Most of my brides just want to feel like themselves and that’s exactly what I deliver.
What excites you most about working as a makeup artist?
Connecting with my bride’s family and friends – I feel that I am a part of something so beautiful and memorable.
What is one popular question you get from brides about wedding makeup?
Is this going to last all day? I know a wedding is a long day, so I use airbrushing. It gives a light and natural feel that lasts, and it photographs beautifully too.
What’s your best advice for brides planning their wedding right now?
1. Listen to your gut! If you’re unhappy, don’t be afraid to tell your stylist what you really want.
2. Always do your research and have ideas and images ready for your stylist. Pinterest is great! Just be mindful that a good makeup artist may not make you look exactly like an image – they are there to bring out your best features and make you look your absolute best, not to make you look like someone else!
3. Stop thinking so much. Relax and chill out with your friends and family – you’ve done all the hard work, now just enjoy it!
Find Out More…
I always feel honoured to be part of a bride’s special day and love making you and your bridal party look and feel exquisite. With my mobile service, I will come to your home, hotel, or salon, making you feel relaxed and comfortable so you truly enjoy the process of getting ready.
I understand that every bride is different, and love working with you to create the exact look you envision for your day. I am skilled in traditional makeup, airbrushing, and false eyelash application.