Available Australia wide, Baker Boys Band specialises in individually tailored and high-energy wedding music from ceremony to reception.
Five Minutes With…
What’s something you’d love every couple to know about booking their wedding entertainment?
You don’t have to choose your songs right away! We find couples get overwhelmed trying to decide on their music preferences before they book their band. They’re always relieved to find out that those details can be finalised closer to the big day.
What should couples keep in mind when planning this part of their wedding?
1. There’s no better way to choose a band than to hear them live first. We host regular showcases where you can see the band perform and speak with the musicians in person before making the decision to book. These also make for a great date night while wedding planning!
2. Find a customisable band to get the right fit for your event. Hosting an intimate backyard wedding? A 4-5 piece band may set the perfect tone. If a grand gala is more your style, bring the house down with an 8-piece band and full horn section. Most importantly, if you’ve already booked your band but find last minute that you have a little extra to spend (or you suddenly need a saxophone player to perform the solo on that Bruce Springsteen tune), you can always add a musician or two.
What excites you about performing at weddings?
There’s no better feeling than seeing the look on a couple’s face when their friends and family join them on the dance floor. That excitement and love fills the room and keeps us coming back for more! From your niece who loves Taylor Swift, to your grandfather who doesn’t know what Spotify is, Baker Boys Band is there to keep everyone happy and your dance floor packed.
What do your couples say they love most about what you do?
The number one thing our couples say is, “Our guests are still talking about the band!”. We love a full dance floor more than anything, but the planning process leading up to the event is just as important to make sure everything runs smoothly. Our online planning platform is one of the first things our clients compliment – once a couple books with us, they can customise their schedule and playlist, and update it as many times as they like leading up to the wedding.
What’s your best advice for couples planning their wedding entertainment?
1. If you’re having trouble choosing your first dance song, ask your band if they have any suggestions. As professional musicians, they know which songs sound great live and which songs your guests will love, whether you’re looking for something emotional or upbeat and fun.
2. Find an all-inclusive band that can play an acoustic set for your ceremony and canapes, and get the party going for the reception! Fewer logistics will help keep the price down without cutting corners.
3. Don’t be afraid to let your band improvise! Supplying a list of must-haves and artists you would prefer not to hear is super helpful to gauge your musical style, but be sure to give your band some flexibility on the night. Your guests may have broader musical tastes than you realise, so letting the band read the room will help keep them on the dance floor all night!
Find Out More…
When looking for a professional and energetic wedding band, the Baker Boys Band are the exceptional choice. With many years of experience and a great deal of talent, we can perform your entire day from ceremony to reception.
We host regular showcases so you can see and hear us live and then choose between 3 and 14 full time professional musicians to suit your style, budget or music needs. You can rely on us to get everyone up dancing – even Nan and Pop!
Please contact us if you’re looking for entertainment for your wedding – you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the value for money we offer!
A Winter Barn Wedding – “At one point the whole reception was on the dance floor!”
Jessica & Michael – “The Baker Boys were there for the ceremony, canapes and reception. The band was so much fun – they had everyone up and dancing before the entrees even came out!”
Jacqueline & Chris – “During the reception we had an eight-piece band playing, which had all of our guests dancing into the night.”
Laya & Peter – “They were awesome – they rocked!”