The ones we love most aren’t always able to be there with us to celebrate life’s milestones. Fortunately there are many meaningful ways you can acknowledge these special people on your wedding day – here’s a list of touching ideas for how to honour and remember them.
1. Include their favourite flower in your bouquet or boutonniere.
2. Attach a photo locket, piece of jewellery, handkerchief or other personal item to your bouquet.
3. Cut a piece of your loved one’s clothing in the shape of a heart and sew it to the inside of your dress. This can also be your something old or blue.
4. Wear your father’s tie or cufflinks to remember him on the day.
5. Pin a photo to your boutonniere so they can be close to your heart.
6. Add photos of loved ones who can’t be there to your ceremony aisle.
7. Reserve a seat for them at the front of the ceremony with a photo, flower or candle.
8. Carry a small photo frame tied with ribbon on your arm or attach a photo locket to your shoes so your father can still walk you down the aisle.
9. Light a candle during the service in memory of all those who are there in spirit.
10. Include a picture of them on your register table so they can be part of your certificate signing photos.
11. Create a photo display celebrating those who have passed. Old wedding photos are a lovely touch.
12. Acknowledge them during the reception speeches.
13. Toast with their favourite wine or include their favourite after five drink on your bar menu.
14. Incorporate a favourite food or activity of theirs into your day.
15. Dance to their favourite song.
“We think about you always, we talk about you still. You have never been forgotten, and you never will. We hold you close within our hearts and there you will remain. To walk and guide us through our lives, until we meet again.”
“Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed, and very dear.”
“On this special day, our thoughts are with the loved ones who could not be with us. We feel your presence in our hearts.”
“Forever in our thoughts, you have never gone away. We wish you could be here to share our special day.”
“Your presence is in our hearts as we say ‘I Do’. We proudly say our vows in loving memory of you.”
Photography: (1) Richard Bell Photography via Every Last Detail | (2) Caroline Ross Photography | (3) White Rabbit Studios via Southern Weddings | (4) Popcorn Photography via The Wedding Playbook | (5) Bless Photography via Chic Vintage Brides