The “first look” is that special moment when you see each other for the first time on your wedding day. While many couples still wait until the aisle to lock eyes, here are five reasons why you should consider planning a reveal before your ceremony.
1. Get rid of pre-wedding nerves – The walk down the aisle is one of life’s big moments and nerves can play a part in the count down to the ceremony for even the calmest of couples! Seeing each other beforehand can be a great stress reliever.
2. Have a private moment – It’s easy to be swept along by the activities of the day so enjoying some one-on-one time before the ceremony offers you a precious moment alone to soak up the experience.
3. Enjoy intimate first look photos – There’s no audience, schedule or happy snapping relatives stepping into frame during a first look photo shoot, meaning a more relaxed experience. It also offers an opportunity to capture some unique shots in addition to your ceremony photos.
4. Arrive together – A sweet alternative after a first look is for the bride, groom and their immediate families to travel together to the ceremony. This creates another great photo opportunity and represents two families becoming one. The father of the bride can still walk his daughter down the aisle and no one will be left counting down the minutes at the altar!
5. Get the party started earlier – If the majority of your couple, bridal party and family photos are captured before the ceremony, you’ll be able to spend more quality time with your guests immediately after the service. Being able to enjoy the cocktail hour is a bonus!
The moment you see each other at the end of the aisle will be an unforgettable one, regardless of whether it’s your first or second look. Don’t be afraid to do things a little differently if it will make you and your partner happy!