French for ‘storyteller’, Raconteur Photography is a Brisbane based wedding photographer available from Byron Bay to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
What’s something you’d love every couple to know about wedding photography?
Wedding photography doesn’t have to be cheesy or posed – it can be natural and emotive, highlighting not only the big moments but the small stories that happen during the day. From a touch of a hand, to embracing that friend you haven’t seen in months, to your grandmother kicking it up on the dance floor, weddings are so much more than a shot list – they’re about the coming together of families and friends to celebrate the start of a marriage.
What should couples keep in mind when planning this part of their wedding?
1. The timeline. Consult with your photographer about your timeline before sending your invites out. If your ceremony is too late in the day, it will mean less time for photos, which makes everything rushed.
2. The light. For beautiful photos you need good quality light. My most favourite time to get creative images is at sunset – that golden backdrop is special because it’s your first sunset as a married couple.
What should couples ask when choosing a wedding photographer?
Will they be personally shooting your wedding or do they have subcontractors? It’s so important to meet with your photographer and get to know them as a person.
Can I see a whole wedding from start to finish? You really want to know if their work is consistent throughout the day and night when the lights get dim. It’s also a good idea to ask to see a wedding album as images come alive in print.
I know this sounds technical, but what is their backup process for your raw files after the wedding? I personally back up on three different hard drives in case of failure – trust me, it happens.
What do your couples say they love most about what you do?
That they felt completely comfortable and relaxed not having to pose or force a smile. They were allowed to be themselves and the natural emotions came through.
I don’t turn up to your wedding day as a vendor, like a machine that pops out coke cans. I invest time, energy and passion into your wedding, finding out your story, getting to know the names of your wedding party and close family, diving into your timeline to come up with something that fits your plans, and giving you a sneak peek on the day that you will never forget!
What’s your best advice for couples planning their wedding right now?
1. Not having a solid timeline will mean the difference between a stressful day and a relaxing one with plenty of spare time to enjoy with friends and family.
2. Don’t sweat the small details because you’ll miss out on appreciating the moments that did happen!
3. Enjoy a few minutes alone on your wedding day. You get pulled in every direction all day long, so take some time to stop, breathe and watch the sun set or the waves roll in.
Find Out More
Hi! My name is Adam and I document love stories. Weddings are all about the human connection and its wonderful ability to make us laugh and cry – the connection between you and your family and friends, and the connection you have with your partner.
Your wedding will be photographed in a photojournalist/candid style with your bridal portraits in a contemporary editorial/fashion style. No cheesy grins, just real people, real smiles and real laughs on the day you’ve dreamed about.
A Boho Country Wedding with Native Flowers – “Adam has a really calming presence and can extract a genuine laugh from you whenever he feels like it. I never felt like it was a pose fest. He would ask us a question or have us recap a moment in our lives and then he would capture a real emotion.”
This story is sponsored, but we only partner with wedding suppliers who do great work with great style! Find out how you can be featured in our Blog & Social Profiles.