Photo booths are a great way to entertain your wedding guests, but if you’re looking for an alternative, here are some other fun ideas to consider!
1. A caricaturist – Your family and friends in cartoon form? Not only a great activity but a unique keepsake for your guests.
2. Croquet and boules – These lawn games are the perfect addition to an outdoor wedding. Display a chalkboard sign with a simple version of the rules so everyone can play!
3. Board games – Giant versions of snakes and ladders, chess and Jenga are sure to entertain guests young and old. For an indoor alternative, set up a board game station or lounge where family and friends can indulge in some classic fun.
4. I Spy – Ask your guests to get creative with their cameras by providing a list of candid moments for them to capture. Items can include “a stolen kiss”, “sparkly shoes”, “a dancing machine”, “laughter” and “mischievous boys”.
5. Table songs – Name each table after a song and when it plays during the reception, everyone at the table has to get up and dance! Just make sure to choose music that is easy to recognise for all generations.
6. Video booth – A variation on the photo booth, short clips of well wishes, marriage advice and funny moments from your guests are captured and edited together to create a memorable wedding film.
7. Lucky dip – Have some retro fun with a lucky dip for the boys and girls. This can be a great conversation starter if you offer a variety of items and encourage trading amongst your guests!
8. Cake painting – For the adventurous couple! Provide a wedding cake with plain white icing and pots of edible paint for guests to create a masterpiece during the reception.