There’s something timeless and romantic about an outdoor wedding. Take a sun-drenched afternoon and place a floral arbour here, an intimate styled table there, stir your favourite cocktail with a sprig of lavender et voilà! – the perfect summer celebration reminiscent of the south of France. Enjoy the impeccable styling and exquisite collection of never-before-seen looks from talented wedding dress designer, Anna Campbell.
Here are our quick tips for achieving your own French provincial wedding style:
1. Feature vintage: Get creative and build your look from statement vintage pieces, such as an ornate dresser, drinks trolley or lounge suite.
2. Pair neutrals: Woven linens and distressed timber provide a beautiful neutral base for your colour story.
3. Pick pastels: A soft palette creates a serene look – blush, peach, purples and dusty blue are all gorgeous options.
4. Invite with style: Embossed and flowing script on luxurious cardstock is a lovely complement, with a monogram or wax seal a unique, personal touch.
5. Focus on flowers: Abundant, unstructured florals and trailing greenery amplify the romance. Incorporate lavender or rosemary for a more rustic feel.
6. Catch the light: Crystal is a must for added opulence – think mismatched perfume bottles, bud vases, decanters and chandeliers.
7. Deliver on the details: Lace adorned gowns and delicate accessories offer instant elegance and interest.
8. Relax your style: A loose updo is effortlessly sophisticated and makeup in pink hues is ideal for a fresh and dewy look.
9. Keep it simple: Give every element the chance to shine with uncluttered spaces and subtle details .
10. Keep it sweet: Bring the French patisserie to your table, with petit fours or macarons for your guests offering the perfect finishing touch.
You’ve seen the photos, now watch the film!
Concept & Coordination: The Wedding Playbook & Anna Campbell | Photography: Agent 86 Photography | Film: Purple Ribbon Weddings | Styling: Oh Perfect Day | Gowns: Anna Campbell | Jewellery: Samantha Wills | Hair: Momu Hair | Makeup: Melonie Santos | Flowers: Cecilia Fox | Cake & Stationery: Cake Ink. | Car: Automobiles of Yesteryear | Location: Sault Restaurant, Daylesford, VIC | Model: Mary Vitinaros, Giant Management