Here are the ten simple steps we took to get our first 10,000 followers on Instagram!
1. Define your style – Instagram feeds need to tell their own visual story to encourage new followers. Thinking in rows of three will help create a more seamless transition between each post, and smartphone snaps can work as well as professional photography as long as you keep lighting and framing in mind.
2. Post regularly – But not at the expense of quality! Active accounts attract more followers.
3. Use hashtags – The difference in exposure for posts with hashtags can be huge! This is one of the only ways for Instagram users who aren’t yet following you to find your content.
4. Become a source – Consistently sharing creative and inspiring images will not only keep your current followers engaged but draw a global community of Instagram users to your account.
5. First impressions count – Capture attention initially with eye-catching visuals, then follow up with your text. When writing your caption, keep in mind that only the first two lines are visible before a user has to click to read more.
6. Credit well – Be sure to mention all of the suppliers involved in creating the image you post, even when sourcing from Pinterest or reposting from other accounts. This can help kickstart engagement and build goodwill for your brand.
7. Get social – Engaging with other users by commenting and liking on posts helps build relationships through the platform and awareness of your Instagram profile.
8. Ask questions – People love sharing their opinion and weighing in on hot topics! Posts that ask for a quick “Yay or Nay” or “This or That” often generate great engagement.
9. Set benchmarks – Posting a variety of content and noting how well each post performs will help you learn what resonates best with your audience.
10. Use the link in your bio – There’s no easier way for your followers to get more information about your product or service. Refer to it in your posts (“Click link in bio”) and update it regularly.