Signage is not only a beautiful detail to add your wedding day but a great way to let your guests know where to go and what to expect throughout your event. Here’s our breakdown of all of the signs to consider from your wedding ceremony to reception!
Wedding Ceremony Signs
1. Welcome – Kick off the festivities with a sign welcoming your guests to the wedding.
2. Order of Events – Let everyone know what they can look forward to with a timeline sign, including key events like your vows, cocktail hour, first dance, speeches, meal, cake cutting and send off so they don’t miss a thing!
3. Special Guests – Reserve seating for your parents, grandparents and other special guests at the front of your ceremony.
4. Ceremony Seating – Many couples have done away with the tradition of seating their family and friends on opposite sides of the aisle. Let your guests know they are free to sit wherever their heart desires as they arrive at your ceremony.
5. Unplugged – Want an unplugged ceremony? Ask guests to turn off their cameras and phones during your vows so they can be fully present in the moment with you. Check out our unplugged wedding wording ideas.
6. Ceremony Program – Display your ceremony program in sign form! This usually features your names and wedding date, and acknowledges your officiant, the parents of the bride and groom and members of the wedding party.
7. Wedding Hashtag – Share a personalised wedding hashtag so you can easily find all the happy snaps your guests have posted on social media. This is a great way to relive the big day while you wait for your professional photos.
8. Directions – Don’t forget directional signs to help your guests get to where they need to go! Arrows pointing towards your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception areas, as well as other facilities such as bathrooms, will make navigating your wedding simple.
Wedding Reception Signs
1. Seating Plan – Whether you’ve organised a seating plan or are happy for guests to choose their own, display the details at the entrance to your reception to get the party started asap!
2. Cards and Gifts – It’s also a good idea to let guests know where to place any cards and gifts.
3. Catering – Serving a selection of drinks or delicious dishes to choose from? Bar and food menus are the perfect way to share what’s on offer.
4. Sweet Treats – If you’re having a lolly buffet or dessert table, state the “opening hours” to keep your display looking fabulous until after the main meal.
5. Amenities – Let your guests know they’re welcome to use any items you’ve supplied for their comfort on the day, such as sunscreen, bug spray, parasols and fans in warm weather, and umbrellas and blankets in cool weather.
6. Activities – Whether it’s a fun photo booth or unique guest book alternative, if there’s anything you’d like guests to get involved in, a sign will help draw attention!
7. Favours – Finally, don’t let your guests leave without their favours. Placing a small sign next to your thank you gifts ensures they won’t get left behind.
Check out our Pinterest board for more wedding sign ideas!
Welcome: Stories by Bianca via Paper and Lace | Order of Events: Linda Threadgill Photography via My Hotel Wedding | Ceremony Seating: Amanda McKinnon Photography via Style Me Pretty | Ceremony Program: Carla Kayes Floral Design via Ruffled | Directions: Anna Marks Photography via Glamour & Grace | Seating Chart: Tony Gigov via Swooned | Bar Menu: Sposto Photography via Green Wedding Shoes | To Have and To Hold: Jamie Lauren Photography via Monika Hibbs | Favours: Mirelle Carmichael Photography via The Frosted Petticoat