Viva Destination Weddings and Travel is a destination wedding specialist and accredited travel agent helping couples plan celebrations and honeymoons around the world.
Five Minutes With…
What’s something you’d love every couple to know about destination wedding planning?
Putting together a destination wedding can be difficult without professional help. You may have heard the term, ‘island time’ – it is a thing! This laid-back approach to time and deadlines can become quite stressful. And who really wants that?
Occasionally we have had to step in to help brides who thought they could do it themselves or use a standard travel agent without the specialised knowledge. In fact I had one bride recently who took her best friend’s advice as she had been to Fiji before, and messaged me – on her wedding day – to say, “I wish I had listened to you.”
What is something couples are surprised to learn?
As a professional destination wedding travel expert, we’re often asked if we cost more. The answer to that question is no, we don’t!
What do your couples tend to say they love most about what you do?
Here’s a recent testimonial: “So is there somewhere I can contact to say how amazing you are and how you have made this all absolutely fantastic without us getting stressed?”
How do you create a great experience for your couples?
It’s a holistic approach, which means we can assist with every aspect, from the travel (flights, accommodation and tours) through to the wedding itself (florists, photographers, hair and makeup, etc.). We can also arrange all of the guest travel, negotiating group deals and looking after everyone to make sure they all have a great time!
What’s your best advice for couples considering a destination wedding?
1. Communication is the key. You need to have a chat with all of your family and friends to establish how many are serious about joining you. All too often we have brides planning and paying deposits, only to discover when they make the big announcement that parents get upset because they haven’t been consulted, and people do their sums and realise they can’t go – then the guilt trips start!
2. Get help. Whilst planning a destination wedding can make some people crazy, others will glide serenely down the aisle without a worry in the world. Why? Because they trusted someone else to handle it for them. Using a specialist travel agent who can organise all aspects of the trip along with the resort wedding coordinator is an instant stress release. Doing it yourself via the internet may save you a few dollars here and there, but with an expert looking after it all for you, you can get on with the business of getting married and having a party!
Find Out More…
Our passion is for travel and we love to share! We can organise essentially everything a destination wedding or event involves…unfortunately we can’t do the cake tasting or dress finding with you (we wish!), but here is what we can help with:
- Travel arrangements for you and your guests
- Coordinating external suppliers
- The wedding day and documentation
- And of course your honeymoon!
We cost the same as any other agent, online or resort direct, negotiating with suppliers and getting access to special group rates and inclusions to save you time, money and stress.