Including personal touches in your wedding, whether a reflection of your personalities, shared interests or past adventures together, will enhance the fun and meaningfulness of a day that is uniquely yours. Here are our top 10 tips for a personalised celebration.
2. Use your engagement photos to create a ‘save the date’ and wedding photos for thank you cards. It will encourage you to get creative during your photo shoots and make for a lovely memento.
3. Create a monogram. There’s something romantic about intertwined letters and you can include them on just about anything, from your invitations, to your aisle runner, to your guest book. This DIY tutorial shows how to build a monogram in Microsoft Word.
4. Workshop your invitations. Once you’ve come up with your design, create a template, purchase supplies and invite the girls over for an evening of card making!
5. Incorporate a shared memory or interest into your wedding. Whether it’s a cycling holiday through Europe, a passion for fine dining or love of literature, all it takes is a little creativity to include things that are special to you and your partner in your day. In this case, a travel-themed seating chart, wine bottle guest book or bonbonnieres of your favourite books would offer the ultimate personal touch.
6. Write your own vows. This is a lovely way to express your feelings for each other during the ceremony. If writing isn’t usually your thing, check out this great resource to get the ink (and happy tears) flowing.
7. Tell your story in your ceremony program. Your guests will enjoy reading about how you met, fell in love and ended up at the altar! It’s also a nice opportunity to introduce each member of your bridal party.
8. Design your own centrepieces. Choose decorations which reflect your interests, make place cards to match your theme or take a flower arranging class – there are many ways to personalise your centrepieces whether you’re hands-on from start to finish or working with a stylist. Pinterest is one of the best resources for creative inspiration – check out our dedicated ‘Stunning Centrepieces’ board as a place to start!
9. Choose your song list. Work with your DJ or musician to select a mix of crowd favourites and music that reminds you of fun times you’ve shared together. Ceremony music can also be personalised to set the romantic tone of the day.
10. Make your own bonbonnieres. Homemade biscuits, bath salts and small potted plants are just some of the options for getting creative with bonbonnieres. Find what is meaningful for you and practical to make in the time you would like to spend. Your guests will love it!